So my main plan is to meet the Seven Dwarfs so I'm going to get there early for tomorrow's party. On MDE it lists locations of characters, but its not showing Seven Dwarfs. From the map, is what I circled the correct location for them? I want to make sure I'm in the right place for them. Will there be CM's to ask where to line up if I show up at 5pm?

upload_2017-9-28_9-40-34.png

So my main plan is to meet the Seven Dwarfs so I'm going to get there early for tomorrow's party. On MDE it lists locations of characters, but its not showing Seven Dwarfs. From the map, is what I circled the correct location for them? I want to make sure I'm in the right place for them. Will there be CM's to ask where to line up if I show up at 5pm?

View attachment 273125

They are in the storybook circus tent.

We are at the Halloween party on Thursday 10/5. We plan on the 11:15 parade and either of the 2 late Hocus Pocus. My son wants to see the following characters if possible. What's a good touring plan to get it done? Jack/Sally, tarzan, lotso, cruella, belle/gaston, jack sparrow (a nice to have, but not a necessity since we've met him on a cruise).

We are at the Halloween party on Thursday 10/5. We plan on the 11:15 parade and either of the 2 late Hocus Pocus. My son wants to see the following characters if possible. What's a good touring plan to get it done? Jack/Sally, tarzan, lotso, cruella, belle/gaston, jack sparrow (a nice to have, but not a necessity since we've met him on a cruise).

Get in line for Jack and Sally as soon as you get your party wrist bands. Try to make it as close to 4 as possible, if not earlier. The line grows very quickly after 4.

After you meet them it's a toss up as to whose line you want to go to for 7 pm. Either go to Cruella or Belle/Gaston around 6:20. That way, you should be one of the first groups. I might be leaning more towards Belle/Gaston.

Whichever you do, I would just go to the next one immediately after. This will probably be your longest, worst wait but I don't see a great way around it.

So at this point you should have Jack and Sally, Belle and Gaston and Cruella done.

Try to go to Jack Sparrow and the Tarzan characters during the first parade. Be sure you check the times guides, Jack Sparrow does have breaks.

I would save Lotso for later in the night, maybe see the second parade near where it starts in Frontierland and then go immediately, quickly to Lotso.

That is probably how I would manage it.

View attachment 273125
Me too! The only reason I'm braving the October heat is to meet the Seven Dwarfs! I plan to line up at 5pm to see them. This will be my first MNSSHP (Oct. 10). All I want to do is meet the Seven Dwarfs, parade, & fireworks. Any other stuff will be icing on the cake!

Here's my itinerary- please poke holes in it where needed.

Anything marked with ?? is drop-able if time is short.

Sept. 26 Party Itinerary

3:15
Depart from Poly for Magic Kingdom
3:45-4:00 Enter, get wristbands
4:15 Use FPs for 7DMT (3:20-4:20)
4:30-6:00 Tag Team: Wait for Jack & Sally meet
Tag Team: Take turns with DW using FPs for Peter Pan (4:25-5:25)
6:15-6:35 Use FPs for BTMRR (5:30-6:30)
6:40-7:00 Ride PotC
7:15-7:30 Watch Cadaver Dans
7:30-8:00 Haunted Mansion
8:00-8:20 ?? ToT (Riverboat, Heritage House) ??
8:20 Get spot on Main Street for Parade
8:25-9:00 Tag Team: Get SotMK card, buy merchandise
9:15 Parade
9:45-10:15 Don't move
10:15 Hallowishes
10:35-10:55 Meet Lotso Huggin' Bear
11:00-11:15 Ride Buzz Lightyear
11:15-11:30 ToT (Stitch, CoP, Space Mtn)
11:30-11:45 Monsters Dance Party
11:45-??:?? ?? If 7 Dwarfs line isn't cut off, hop in it ??
12:00 Hocus Pocus

So we had a fantastic time at the party Tuesday night! It was our first party so I don't have anything to compare it to, but it certainly felt crowded around the Hub and most of Adventureland. From the best of my memory, here's how our night went:

3:30: Lined up for entrance. They opened it up right about 3:40.

3:45: Went through bypass, got some pictures and treat bags

3:55-4:20: used Fast passes to ride 7dmt and Peter Pan

4:30: Got in line for Jack and Sally. It was already almost to the Adventureland Bridge

6:20: Finished with Jack and Sally

6:35: Got in line for PotC

7:00: Finished with PotC, got in line for ToT station at Tiki room. This was probably a mistake, it took a while to go through and we ended up getting plenty of candy later in the night.

7:15-7:30: Went through line to get Oogie Boogie popcorn bucket.

7:45: Back to Main Street to get Sorcerers cards, also went back through the bypass

8:00: Buzz Lightyear ride

8:10-8:25: Lotso meet

8:25-8:35: We hit the Carousel of Progress ToT station, then a few minutes at the Monsters dance party

8:40: Snagged a parade spot on Main Street right in front of the Starbucks. We were too late for a curb spot, but were second row and had a great view

One thing to keep in mind if you have little ones is that after the Headless Horseman comes through at 9:15, you've still got a good 15-20 minutes of waiting for the parade. If you're closer to the train station you at least get some entertainment from the Zootopia crew, but our kids were getting pretty restless by the time the parade arrived.

10:00: Right after parade ended, went and grabbed a fireworks viewing spot in the Hub area in front of Casey's. This wasn't too hard during the shuffle post-parade, The Hallowishes fireworks were amazing!

10:30-11:10: Did Haunted mansion ride. Was a good 20 minute wait, but the atmosphere around the ride was really well done. Was entertained by the butler for a while there as well.

11:15-11:25: Hit the Philharmagic ToT station. Really enjoyed how they were playing old Mickey haunted house cartoons on the big screen, my boys (5 & 6) were cracking up and would have sat in there a lot longer if I'd let us. DW went to meet Ducks during this, was about a 20 minute wait.

11:30: Met up with DW at 7 Dwarves, which was only a 15 minute wait. Switched off with DW to ToT with boys at Pete's Sideshow. If you're looking to max out your candy haul, hitting this at the end of the night is a good bet. There was no wait, and the girls working in there were just pouring candy into the boys' bags.

11:45: Bought our Halloween merch at Big Top, then headed to Dumbo for a few walk-on rides to close out the night. On our way out we caught some of the final Hocus Pocus show. The projections during this show looked really good, especially during Oogie Boogie part.

Overall, it was a full and very fun time!

We want to spend a couple of hours just riding rides during the party. Are the waits shorter between 7-9 or 10:30-12:00?

tbIkaGPh.jpg

WOW!!! You look stunning!

I wanted to make that clear in case some people who are reading this want to jump all over my seemingly selfish sentiments.

Fellow DISer's rude, sarcastic or judgmental comments will not be tolerated on my thread so please feel free to voice your opinions here. If anyone feels the need to voice their "concerns" feel free to private message that person and leave my thread out of it. Thank you! :flower3:

Seeing I unexpectedly have a friend coming now maybe some friendly souls can comment on this plan now. I could live with messing up my own meets, but not hers. :D

Focus is on character meets, I don't really care about fireworks, she wouldn't mind to see them but is happy to sacrifice. We want to see parade and Hocus Pocus show and possibly try the specialty food.

Character must do are: Jack & Sally, Pooh & Gang, Lotso, Tarzan family (I want to meet both Tarzan and Jane) and ideally the Ducks. Pirate Goofy would be nice, but lower priority.

4 PM: get wristband and get to Jack and Sally line as fast as possible.

Afterwards head over to Storybook Circus and check out 7 dwarfs line. Get in line for dwarfs if not too bad. If it's too long already get in line for Pooh & Gang.

Well, and this is where I am getting fuzzy.

Common sense says stay in the area, go to see ducks and Lotso, then over to Tarzan.

My inner fangirl says "TARZAN!!", but I don't want us running all over the place when it's avoidable. Do Tarzan and Jane rotate or is it always both of them out with Terk, but separate lines? I am not completely sure if I am understanding the posts I've read so far right.

After Tarzan check out the Haunted Mansion area for the ghosts and get the Magic Shots there.

If we should have a break by some miracle after that check out the Wonderland character lines, or maybe Pirate Goofy.

Then stake out spot for second parade, hopefully with some food. Then over to 12 AM Hocus Pocus.

Am I completely nuts? We don't need any candy or ride time, this is really just a characters event for us.

There was a lady queuing to get a wristand at 4pm on the 26th and she was fretting over her HM fastpass that was just finishing. I said she should forget that and go to J&S first as she was dressed as Sally and the boy at Jack and ride HM later. She said they already missed them before because the line was too long. :sad2: I explained by 4:20pm th previous party was at a 2 hour wait.
I don't know she fully got what I was saying. I wonder if they met them in the end.

Last edited:
I will be attending the party on Oct 12. This is my first MNSSHP so I'm really looking forward to all the fun - I'm just not too sure about my timing.

Btw - this is my perhaps 5th or so time at WDW - however it's the first time i've ever really planned, apart from choosing ADRs.

So I purchased kenny's the pirate's app and created a plan. My question is this -

Btw - I've planned with the assumption that Oct 12 will be sold out

Our main priority (attending with one other adult) is the 'boo to you parade' we're thinking of of heading to Frontierland at around 7:45 pm to snag a spot on the opposite side from the 'rivers of america' - does this amount of time seem excessive ? I was thinking that during this waiting period we'd each take an opportunity to either ride an attraction (btmrr) and/ or Tot.

After the parade we'd like to swing by HM for 20 mins of so to check out the atmosphere, and listen to the characters.

Next at 10:00 pm, we'd like to watch the fireworks. I'm thinking of just watching them from the Sleepy Hollow area. Is this a terrible idea? The fireworks are a low priority, but seeing them at least from a side angle would be okay with both of us.

After fireworks, we would absolutely love to ride 7DMT. Is it unrealistic to think it'll only take 30 or so minutes to ride assuming we'd arrive around 10:35??? We'd love to be done at 11:00 pm and use the last hour for characters and ToT.

Your responses are appreciated !!!

HUGS - can
Nope
It is aweful :(
The only things we came for was parade/fireworks and show...DS won’t do but 1or 2 rides and although he loves characters he can’t handle being confined in lines that long
I want to cry right now
HUGS!!! can you use the time to try some of the special treats and shop?

Next at 10:00 pm, we'd like to watch the fireworks. I'm thinking of just watching them from the Sleepy Hollow area. Is this a terrible idea? The fireworks are a low priority, but seeing them at least from a side angle would be okay with both of us.

After fireworks, we would absolutely love to ride 7DMT. Is it unrealistic to think it'll only take 30 or so minutes to ride assuming we'd arrive around 10:35??? We'd love to be done at 11:00 pm and use the last hour for characters and ToT.

If you want to ride SDMT and see the fireworks...go on SDMT for the fireworks. It's an amazing view. The fireworks literally go off all around you as you ride. Just keep your eye on the wait time for SDMT on the app and enter the line with enough time. If you the wait time is less just step aside and let people pass you until 10. Then get on the ride and have a great experience!

Once the ride is over you can then finish watching the fireworks from right outside the ride, which is also a great view.

I will be attending the party on Oct 12. This is my first MNSSHP so I'm really looking forward to all the fun - I'm just not too sure about my timing.

Btw - this is my perhaps 5th or so time at WDW - however it's the first time i've ever really planned, apart from choosing ADRs.

So I purchased kenny's the pirate's app and created a plan. My question is this -

Btw - I've planned with the assumption that Oct 12 will be sold out

Our main priority (attending with one other adult) is the 'boo to you parade' we're thinking of of heading to Frontierland at around 7:45 pm to snag a spot on the opposite side from the 'rivers of america' - does this amount of time seem excessive ? I was thinking that during this waiting period we'd each take an opportunity to either ride an attraction (btmrr) and/ or Tot.

After the parade we'd like to swing by HM for 20 mins of so to check out the atmosphere, and listen to the characters.

Unless you really, really care about a front row spot that is far too early for the parade. We (two adults) didn't get a spot in Frontierland close to BTM until after the Hocus Pocus show, on a sold out night. It was probably about 8:40 when my mother arrived and there were plenty of second row spots and some first row. Unless you're trying to film/take photos or are really short you don't need a front row spot. You can see fine from the second row. I would suggest arriving right as the Hocus Pocus show lets out before the people have time to walk over, as tons of people pour into the area when it's over. It's at 8:15 and is 20 minutes long. I would also suggest watching on the river side either right by Splash or by the next bridge and going to thunder mountain as soon as it's over- if you start walking immediately after the last float passes you (don't wait on those around you to walk) you should walk right onto thunder mountain and can ride together that way. The fireworks really are much better from the front. You don't have to arrive early to see them. There was still plenty of room on the sidewalk and street at the end of Main Street (near Casey's and The Plaza) when the fireworks started. Being in that area gives a quicker exit too, as you can easily go left to Adventureland or right through Tomorrowland. If you really want to avoid the front though, Fantasyland is the second best option.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter